Sunday, March 3, 2013

Travel Playlist, 13of16

I woke up this morning to Keli's Dad Frank cooking me bacon, eggs & toast for my long day. I got to share the quick meal with Frank & Pat as my last interaction with friends and family on this trip. Then it was loading up the car in freezing rain, and hitting the road to Franklin, Tennessee, the site of my first face-to-face Heart for Lebanon Board meeting.

No one necessarily gets excited about board meetings, but I was looking forward to this; H4L is such an impressive organization that meets so many diverse needs with Kingdom values and partnerships--I was looking forward to seeing the caliber of leaders in the group, understanding the issues that affect them, and perceiving more of founder Camille Melki's vision beyond obstacles to greater things. The meeting didn't disappoint these expectations.

One of those leaders and fellow board members was Pastor Bob Moss. I've heard about Bob and his ministry for years; Bob also serves on the 3W oversight group called the Roundtable. Though we've exchanged a lot of correspondence, we have never been able to meet in person. It was great for us to meet on Saturday, because after the meeting, I would drive to Dayton, Ohio so that I can share with the Salem Church of God on Sunday, which is the congregation that Pastor Bob serves as pastor.

So, the meeting concluded and I took the long drive from snowy Tennessee and into wet/cold Ohio. It was a long day, and I'm one tired traveller.

As I prepare to share with the Salem Church of God, I'm preparing to share in different ways in different settings. During the day, I will also have a Skype conference with the North Modesto Church of God in California; I will be interviewed by Pastor Brian Smith for their faith promise weekend and take time for a Q&A.

As I wrap up this trip and having had time to consider all the wonderful people who have blessed my life along the way of our journey, I've come full circle in a couple of different ways. One, I've returned to the southeastern Ohio area from where this little journey began--I've traveled over 2500 miles so far, with a few short drives remaining. But two, I'm also returning to the midwest where my journey began in life--I never anticipated doing what I have opportunity to do for The Lord and for others--I never, ever anticipated that would I did would be something that people would want to hear about, even scheduling time to talk with me.

In many ways, I still see myself as the scrawny, little, unconfident kid from Nowhere, Indiana. And though I've experienced the Lord's working within me that has recreated me with the confidence to step up in these unique opportunities, I'm still often lacking confidence at times in my own worth.

A song that speaks to this is by Shawn Groves called, "Should I Tell Them"--I can't hardly get through listening to the chorus without tearing, specifically when it says, "...should I tell them that I am the perfect example of all you can do in a life..."

How The Lord has taken me, saved me, shaped me, given me purpose and direction--it's more than I could ever have imagined then, or can completely fathom now. I am truly blessed in so many ways, and I am happy to be a small part in helping others experience the same...



(no pics from Saturday)

No comments:

Post a Comment