Saturday, March 2, 2013

Travel Playlist 12of16

My amazing and brief family visits come to a close this morning as I not only leave Decatur, but also north out of Alabama and into Tennessee first, before eventually making it into Dayton, Ohio later this evening. It was good and difficult to see family and friends for such a brief amount of time--there is so much to say, to share, to hear, and to express in such a short space of time--we all did our best, but time is cruel as it runs out.

I head north this morning to Franklin, Tennessee and the site of the Heart for Lebanon board of directors meeting that is the reason for this whirlwind tour through the southeast USA. I will spend at least 6 hours with passionate Christian leaders who will hear reports and make decisions regarding one of the most impressive ministries that I have seen anywhere. I am excited not for meetings, but for the resulting inspiration and encouragement that will result from such a meeting. In the process, I'm likely to have my heart broken and humbled as I hear the continuing needs and plight of refugees, orphans, and others in desperate circumstances that H4L serves daily.

This leads me to my song of the day by the Dave Matthew's Band entitled, "Funny the Way It Is", which is a song about the irony of the various experiences of people not only around the world, but potentially in the same area. It acknowledges that it's not necessarily "right or wrong" but just the way it is. I will think about this song as I hear these reports of needs and lives facing difficulties that I can barely imagine, all the while we sit in a comfortable, safe place and consider the use of resources and personnel to meet these needs that we can hardly fathom. We will be we'll fed while we consider those with nothing, and warm while others are cold, and will have paid enough money to sit around that table that could have helped to meet even more needs.

I'm not attempting to be critical or cynical about this--we will be performing a necessary task that enables the ministry to continue not only a little more wisely (hopefully), but also with integrity thought the accountability that we provide. It's just "funny the way it is"...

http://youtu.be/R2mFDTTWqOU (click link, or copy to your web-browser)

After the meeting, I will hop back into the car and drive northeast to Dayton, OH where I will crash!!! Then it will be time to share with the Salem ChoG in person (and North Modesto ChoG via Skype).

Thanks for your continued interest, thoughts, and prayers for my travels here, and for Keli and the kids in Cairo. We have all appreciated your kind and encouraging words during this time.


Pics from yesterday (hanging out with Julie and Staci at Starbucks, lunch was followed by a brief organ recital by Ms Jane, and the Decatur area family gathered for a meal and storytelling)...










No comments:

Post a Comment