Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Travel Playlist, 2of16

After over 26 hours of traveling from the time I said goodbye to the time I arrived at my first destination and much needed rest, it's time to begin day 2 with the wonderful hosts who greeted me at the end of day 1: Gary and Janet Brinkman.

Gary and Janet are the epitome of how God has blessed my life with the most wonderful people.

Consider this introduction:  I met Gary and Janet through my college roommate, during freshman year at Anderson University.  Gary and Janet are my old college roommates, ex-high school girlfriend's parents!  They were my roomate's ex's parents when they made the trip to see him at school.  They're one of the loveliest couples I've ever known, and we've been blessed to have them stay connected and praying for our lives and ministries ever since.

Gary and Janet are providentially near enough to Cincinnati that it didn't take much effort for my tired body to get from there to them -- and, they made the arrangements for me to have nice place to recover and prepare for the journey ahead.

So, in honor of the Brinkman's, the first song of the day is: U2's "Beautiful Day"



After a leisurely, encouraging time with the Brinkman's, it's off to Liberty Street Church of God in Parkersburg, WV.  Keli and I met Liberty Street Pastor Brian Harrell at a Pastor & Spouse Retreat years ago, and we were delighted when their church expressed an interest in learning more about supporting our family.  The Liberty Street Church is a great church, focused on outreach and next generation ministry--I fell in love with the people and the vision during our visit with them in August of 2011.  As I go back today, I will be sharing with their kids and youth groups--love it!

In honor of a great, next-gen focused Church, the song of the evening is: Sanctus Real's "Face of Love"


Sorry--no pics from the travel yesterday--hope to snag some today...


No comments:

Post a Comment