Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip Playlist 2014 #12

Review of June 16...
Well this road trip ran through Joshua Tree National Park yesterday; to be honest, I never thought the Joshua Tree was a real tree when I first heard of the U2 album.  And having seen them now, I think they look like something out of Tim Burton or Dr Seuss' imagination...


The further / higher you go in the park, the more you get surrounded in groves of these big yucca trees--it was very weird.  There are also many large rock formations throughout the park - I climbed on some and took a few minutes to sit & enjoy the silence and wind.  But, I stayed away from this one because I thought sooner or later that balance rock on top is gonna fall down!

It's a beautiful park - a peaceful place and a good opportunity to be reminded of the grandeur of this world and the awesome creative power of our God.  


But, it's back on the road again--making my way slowly back to Sacramento where I will share with the Antelope Road Christian Fellowship on Wednesday evening.  On the way, I may catch a little "fever" but I shouldn't "turn blue"...

Disclaimer: 
The views, opinions, antics, and behavior of <insert artist name here>
or those same represented within their song <insert song title here>
or of their record label, affiliates, or any other fan base
are NOT necessarily the views, opinions, antics or behavior of the Oldham Family,
Three Worlds, Church of God Ministries, Church of God doctrine,
or any other related Christian or organization;
it's merely a song, on a blog post, 
so read the rest of the post to find out what strange meaning Ken is drawing from it. :)

and now..., continuing with the 2014 Playlist...

The band The Black Keys had been growing on me, and I thought I was passed it--then they released the album Turn Blue, and got me back into listening to them.  The title track, says, "I really don't think you know there could be hell below"--whatever the band was going for, I think a little reminder of the potential of negative consequences is helpful, especially in our fast-paced, act first think later culture.


Thanks for your continuing interest, thoughts & prayers.  Pray for Lebanon this week as the events in Iraq have begun to send a new wave of Iraqi refugees there on top of the massive Syrian refugee population.

No comments:

Post a Comment