Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip Playlist 2014 #13

Review of June 17...
I spent the whole day in a car trying to keep it pointed north driving from outside Los Angeles to Sacramento.  I took my time and I enjoyed the drive, thinking about the people & churches with whom I have been able to share since this road trip began. I would whisper little prayers along the way for different ones as they came to mind.  I ended at another great host family who fed me yummy lasagna & garlic bread--then we watched a little America's Got Talent -- apparently, my kids & Keli were catching up on the same in Alabama :)

I also had moments of singing, lip syncing, and doing motions to a lot of songs to keep me going--which I'm sure also provided comic relief to others on their drives along I-5 and hwy99, too.

And I had a lot of time to be thankful as I continued to watch the odometer climb; I'm well over 2,000 miles on this rental, and that is also an answer to many prayers for our safety during this summer.  There are still days to go before I consider the road trip portion of this summer over when I reunite with Keli on Monday--so keep checking back for the daily update, and even after that I will post pics and updates about the upcoming ChoG convention in OKC, as well as our scheduled visits during the summer.  Those future updates will just be be void of the song of the day; speaking of which...

Disclaimer: 
The views, opinions, antics, and behavior of <insert artist name here>
or those same represented within their song <insert song title here>
or of their record label, affiliates, or any other fan base
are NOT necessarily the views, opinions, antics or behavior of the Oldham Family,
Three Worlds, Church of God Ministries, Church of God doctrine,
or any other related Christian or organization;
it's merely a song, on a blog post, 
so read the rest of the post to find out what strange meaning Ken is drawing from it. :)

and now..., continuing with the 2014 Playlist...

Of Monsters and Men is a unique band name, which is appropriate given their unique style.  Their first hit single is diverse, upbeat and fun...enjoy "Little Talks"...


Little Talks is the song of the day because of all the little talks we have been giving during this home assignment.  

Tonight, we have two "little talks": I will be at Antelope Road Chrisian Fellowship in Citrus Heights--where our fund-raising trail ended in December 2011.  And Keli and the kids begin their sharing with the 12th Ave ChoG in Arab, AL.  Many more little talks are coming throughout the summer--on the last road trip post, I'll post the remaining schedule for the summer so you can attempt to catch us in person...

Thank you again for your continued interest, prayers & support!

No comments:

Post a Comment