Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip Playlist 2014 #3

Review June 7...
Before I posted yesterday's update, I said that I was waiting to get into T-Mobile to get a US phone number.  After 2 hours, no luck; after checking out of the hotel, and picking up the rental car, I found an AT&T where I had he same bad luck.  For some crazy reason, my unlocked phone begins to accept a US signal, and then kicks it off as unsupported SIM card.  I'll try to get help Momday at the Fresno Mac store.

Well, that frustration chewed up a large part of the day, but I was able to get safely to Modesto where I had dinner with Pastor Brian Smith and a couple if the Evagelism & Outreach committee members of North Modesto ChoG.  Pastor Brian and I met years ago in Alabama, but I got to know him better after he allowed me to share with their leaders in December 2011.  In fact, their commitment on the next morning began a flood of support commitments within a few hours that put us over the top of our goal and enabled us to begin in Egypt in January 2012.  The congregation has been active I having me share by Skype and a video message in their last two Faith Promise events which have helped to support a lot of global and local outreach ministry.  North Modesto was also instrumental in generous giving to provide the way for a group of Egyptian young adults to go to last summer's Ana Terzo camp in Lebanon, which was a huge blessing last year.

So I'm excited for the opportunity to share with the congregation in person today, June 8--but before I get too far ahead, let's introduce today's playlist song...

Disclaimer: 
The views, opinions, antics, and behavior of <insert artist name here>
or those same represented within their song <insert song title here>
or of their record label, affiliates, or any other fan base
are NOT necessarily the views, opinions, antics or behavior of the Oldham Family,
Three Worlds, Church of God Ministries, Church of God doctrine,
or any other related Christian or organization;
it's merely a song, on a blog post, 
so read the rest of the post to find out what strange meaning Ken is drawing from it. :)

and now..., continuing with the 2014 Playlist...

Sundays on the Playlist will have a few of our favorite worship songs from the last year, and that list has to begin with Matt Redman and "10,000 Reasons".

We have tried to always be aware of our blessings, but we are ever more aware as we live and serve in throughout Europe & the Middle East.  This song gives us an opportunity to worship The Lord as we consider any number of them.

After worship with North Modesto, I'll head south to Fresno, where I will share with First ChoG--then I'll get to stay with good friends of Keli's parents.

I hope your day of worship is a day of blessing--no matter where you, or what you are singing. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment