Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip Playlist 2014 #18

Review June 22...
Had a great day at Sunset Park ChoG with Pastor Randy Kerr...

...and a great night at Rainier Community with Pastoe Steve & Rhonda (who are now all the more inspirational as they battle his brain tumor)...

...and the best part is that I get to bring the family back to Oregon to finish the summer!  So blessed to have such support from this part of the country.

Well, today the road trip playlist ends--the traveling won't be over--but this series was to keep me going till I am reunited with Keli, which will happen tonight, and with the kids, which will happen by the end of the week.  So today's playlist song is for Keli...

Disclaimer: 
The views, opinions, antics, and behavior of <insert artist name here>
or those same represented within their song <insert song title here>
or of their record label, affiliates, or any other fan base
are NOT necessarily the views, opinions, antics or behavior of the Oldham Family,
Three Worlds, Church of God Ministries, Church of God doctrine,
or any other related Christian or organization;
it's merely a song, on a blog post, 
so read the rest of the post to find out what strange meaning Ken is drawing from it. :)

and now..., continuing with the 2014 Playlist...

Today--after 18 days--I get to see my wonderful wife, my best friend, my partner in ministry.  I am so blessed to know her and share life with her.  I would not be on this journey without her, because I would be incomplete, and would not have ever been able to offer all that I have without her influence, patience, support, and even correction.  She's my sounding board, my filter, my teleprompter, my extra eyes & ears, but most of all, my heart--she helps me to stop and feel where I would have rushed on with only thoughts.  

I never imagined that I would ever get married--don't know if that's a pitiful self-concept or teen angst/doom--but it seemed too wonderful for me to comprehend, and too complicated for me to handle.  I'm not a perfect husband, and far from a perfect father, but I know we've been pretty perfect together--and I'm so glad I get to continue on this journey together.

So this one's for Keli...

(James Blunt, "Bonfire Heart")

Next on the blog: I will update on churches and events in which we participate; it won't be everyday, but I'm sure I'll be tweeting @ok2serve and it will show up on the Facebook "Oldham ThreeWorlds".  I will post tomorrow as I head to Oklahoma City today to participate in a monumental North American Convention of the Church of God.  We all have our thoughts & opinions heading into this, and I will share mine tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment