Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip Playlist 2014 #2

Review of June 6:
fortunately, the only remarkable thing about the 30 hour marathon yesterday was what didn't happen.  I fully expected more of a questioning and search of luggage at US border control--this is what I experienced over a year ago.  I got pulled aside, all luggage searched, a million questions with every answer written down; including, 
"are you still married?" 
And, "are you going back to your family in Cairo?"
And, "have you associated with any known terrorists?"

But upon arrival yesterday, 2 or 3 questions, no search, no fuss. Weird.

Arriving in US I was overwhelmed.  The Minneapolis St Paul airport is a nice, mall-like environment--I was overwhelmed with sensory overload as I could understand everything around me. It was so loud.  Fortunately, there was a designated "quiet seating area" that I was able to find--no one around and I was able to fall asleep for over an hour in the comfy chairs while on a 5-hour layover.  Much needed.

I got to the hotel easily, after midnight pacific standard time.  I was able to fall asleep relatively quickly and woke up at 7am.  I found a t-mobile store within a half mile so I decided to shower and walk toward it.  I found a IHOP along the way and enjoyed a little breakfast.  The tmobile doesn't open till 10, but there was a Panera across the street - yay free wifi.  So this opportunity to post is sponsored in part by the late opening of tmobile and Panera. :)

But enough of the past--what's in store for today--and more importantly, what's the song of today...

Disclaimer: 
The views, opinions, antics, and behavior of <insert artist name here>
or those same represented within their song <insert song title here>
or of their record label, affiliates, or any other fan base
are NOT necessarily the views, opinions, antics or behavior of the Oldham Family,
Three Worlds, Church of God Ministries, Church of God doctrine,
or any other related Christian or organization;
it's merely a song, on a blog post, 
so read the rest of the post to find out what strange meaning Ken is drawing from it. :)

and now..., continuing with the 2014 Playlist...

After a 30 hour day of traveling across multiple timezones from Cairo to Sacramento, I'm enjoyin my iced vanilla coffee at Panera while battling waves of tiredness.  I've messaged Keli and they're well into early evening back home.  I need to wake up quickly to be ready to start sharing tonight with the North Modesto Church of God Outreach Committee, and then with their congregation tomorrow morning.

So, the song, "Wake Me Up" by Avicii, seems appropriate.  It's a fun tune that expresses a popular sentiment--the idea of getting passed the moment we're in and being able to look back with greater appreciation or wisdom of whatever we're going through.  I'm looking forward to looking back on all the miles and visits by myself and being with my family again--but until then, The Lord is with me in the moment and there is adventure, and life, and opportunity around me if I but open my heart to Him and my eyes to the world around me.

What plans are there for your weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment